Ponddrop's zipperless zippys
I made these two shirts for myself, out of fabric I had stashed away. I was so excited to sew the pattern, I couldn't wait until I made it to a shop to buy zippers - I didn't have any on hand - so each is a modified version. In the floral print version (a bargain basket fabric of unknown content or origins, but only $1.99) I used a large vintage hook and eye closure that I found lurking in my grandmother's sewing basket.
On the pale green version (a Liberty Tana lawn, remnants of a project I made in 2010) I modified the pattern to include a front seam and finished the neckline with bias tape. I also eliminated the fastening completely, as it wasn't necessary to go over my head.
I wear both of these constantly, and I plan on making several more Zippys in the near future - perhaps even with a zipper in them!