Navy Lonetree Vest
This Lonetree Vest feels like the most RTW garment I’ve made so far in my sewing career!
Everything came together so smoothly and the directions really walk you through the steps in a clearly illustrated way, the vest looks more complicated than it really is. The most time-consuming part of making this vest were the pockets and the top-stitching – lots and lots of top-stitching!! I ran out of thread, which delayed my finished of this vest until right before Christmas. After attaching the pockets to the front, the rest of the vest went together fairly easily. I wish in retrospect I top-stitched a little closer to the pocket edges instead of 1/4″ away from the edge to get a bit of a cleaner look.
I also top-stitched the cording channel with two rows of stitching instead of just one row. The fit is great, I like the snugger fit around the armholes and across the back. If it wasn’t for the fit up top, the vest would end up looking a lot baggier and not as chic.