Indiesew.com | Sewing Patterns for the Modern Woman - Blog Post: Our Second Charity Sample Sale is Live!

Our Second Charity Sample Sale is Live!

By Allie

Allie is the co-founder of Indiesew and creator of all things pretty on the site. Follow Allie and receive other Indiesew updates by subscribing to the blog.

Indiesew | Second Charity Auction is Live!

We're so happy to announce that our second charity sample auction is now live! What is this all about, you ask?

Well, a few months ago we had our first charity sample auction on eBay for Charity. We auctioned off roughly 30 samples sewn for the Indiesew Pattern Shop. These were items that either myself or one of our dedicated sample sewists sewed by hand. Each item is then photographed and then occasionally works its way into my closet (if it's my size) or goes into our samples closet.

Well our samples closet has been bursting at the seams and these garments are far too nice to just be sitting collecting dust. They feel too precious to donate to a thrift store, too. And we knew that the Indiesew community would be excited about having first dibs on them!

Our eBay auction in August raised over $275 for charity! I know that doesn't sound like much, but for us this is the first time we've been able to donate Indiesew proceeds to a good cause. For us, it's monumental.

So, we're doing this again. You can check out our current eBay for charity auction right here. Here's a peek at some of the 25 garments available:

Indiesew Samples Charity Auction

Shop the Sale

 

Just like last time, 75% of each sale will go to charity, but this time we're switching up the charities we'll contribute to! Be sure to check each listing to see who we've chosen this time around. The remaining 25% we collect from each sale goes to covering our costs to prepare the auction and ship the samples.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

We’re using eBay for Charity to facilitate the auction of these samples, which works just like a normal eBay auction. The bidding for each item will start at $5 and there’s no reserve price! There is a higher Buy It Now price that will allow you to purchase the item outright if you prefer. The Buy It Now prices are only a fraction of what this item is actually worth, so they’re still a great deal!
 
Simply place your bid for an item if you’re interested. You’ll be notified if you’ve been outbid, and you can choose to place a higher bid if you prefer.
 
The auction will end on Sunday, November 12 at 11am MT and items will ship the following week.
 

 

SHIPPING

Each item will ship individually in a USPS Flat Rate Padded Envelope for a flat cost of $7.20. If you win or buy multiple items, we’re happy to consolidate shipping and refund the difference in shipping costs to you. If this is the case, please contact Angie (angie [at] indiesew [dot] com) as soon as you been notified that you’ve won the auction and before you pay your invoice to arrange these details.
 
Unfortunately, due to high international shipping costs, this auction is only open to buyers in the United States. We apologize for this inconvenience.

 Happy bidding!

Leave your comment

In an effort to reduce spam, you must be logged in to leave a comment. Please log in or create an account.

Comments

No comments yet, be the first to leave some feedback!

    Browse Related Posts

    Want more sewing content like this?

    Receive the latest posts, tutorials, news, updates, deals and announcements right to your inbox!

    Emails are sent about once per week, unsubscribe anytime.

    We'll always respect the privacy of your e-mail address.