Indiesew.com | Sewing Patterns for the Modern Woman - Blog Post: Indiesew Spring 2018 Sample Sale is Live!

Indiesew Spring 2018 Sample Sale is Live!

By Allie

Allie is the co-founder of Indiesew and creator of all things pretty on the site. Follow Allie and receive other Indiesew updates by subscribing to the blog.

Indiesew | Spring 2018 Charity Sample Sale

It's that time of year again! We're cleaning out our samples closet and offering them up to you, with the proceeds going to charity! Every fall and spring we put a small offering of garments sewn for the Indiesew shop up for auction on eBay, where we donate 75% of the proceeds to a charity that is near and dear to our hearts (more on that below).

All of the items up for auction are one-of-a-kind garments that were sewn for the Indiesew Pattern Shop or the blog. Either I or one of our dedicated sample sewists have sewn each item. Each of our two previous eBay auction sales have allowed us to donate several hundred dollars to charity. For a small company operating on such thin margins, this feels monumental.

Check out our current eBay for charity auction right here. Here's a peek at some of the 20 garments available:

Indiesew 2018 Sample Sale

SHOP THE SALE

 

Why the Children's Hospital of Colorado?

Just like last time, 75% of each sale will go to charity, but this time we've chosen just one charity to donate to: the Children's Hospital of Colorado. The remaining 25% we collect from each sale goes to covering our costs to prepare the auction and ship the samples.

There's a lot of sentiment behind our support of the Children's Hospital of Colorado. Angie, Indiesew's shipping manager and graphic designer, has strong ties to this charity. Her daughter's first few years of life were fraught with life threatening medical issues, but thanks to the folks at the Children's Hospital she's a radiant, healthy five-year old today. Trust me when I say she's the most charming (and resilient) child I've ever met.

We are donating the proceeds of this sale to this organization because we want to help assist families going through something similar to Angie's. Here's her story:

Our daughter, Evelyn, was born with a rare and fatal liver condition. Under the phenomenal care of Children’s Hospital Colorado she underwent a lifesaving liver transplant at 17 months old. For many years we have called CHC our second home. We feel tremendously blessed to have one of the top pediatric transplant hospitals in the country right in our backyard. They don’t just treat medical problems, they care for the whole child and family (physically and emotionally) while undergoing incredibly difficult situations. We are so happy that the Indiesew Sample Sale proceeds will be giving back to an amazing organization that has meant so much to our family! Learn More: http://www.childrenscoloradofoundation.org/

 

 Indiesew.com | Angie and Family

 

HOW DOES IT WORK?

We’re using eBay for Charity to facilitate the auction of these samples, which works just like a normal eBay auction. The bidding for each item will start at $5 and there’s no reserve price! There is a higher Buy It Now price that will allow you to purchase the item outright if you prefer. The Buy It Now prices are only a fraction of what this item is actually worth, so they’re still a great deal!
 
Simply place your bid for an item if you’re interested. You’ll be notified if you’ve been outbid, and you can choose to place a higher bid if you prefer.
 
The auction will end on May 6 at 11 a.m. MST and items will ship the following week.
 

 

SHIPPING

Each item will ship individually in a USPS Flat Rate Padded Envelope for a flat cost of $7.20. If you win or buy multiple items, we’re happy to consolidate shipping and refund the difference in shipping costs to you. If this is the case, please contact Angie (angie [at] indiesew [dot] com) as soon as you been notified that you’ve won the auction and before you pay your invoice to arrange these details.
 
Unfortunately, due to high international shipping costs, this auction is only open to buyers in the United States. We apologize for this inconvenience.


Happy bidding!

Leave your comment

In an effort to reduce spam, you must be logged in to leave a comment. Please log in or create an account.

Comments

No comments yet, be the first to leave some feedback!

    Browse Related Posts

    Want more sewing content like this?

    Receive the latest posts, tutorials, news, updates, deals and announcements right to your inbox!

    Emails are sent about once per week, unsubscribe anytime.

    We'll always respect the privacy of your e-mail address.